Park is situated near Gandhi Nagar in Bangalore. Dating back to the year
1864, the park was laid by Sir Mark Cubbon, the then viceroy of India.
Infact, the park has been named after him only. The fairy fountains and
an august bandstand were added later on. The Cubbon Park of Bangalore
spreads over an area of approximately 250 acres and is quite frequented
by both walkers as well as joggers. The engineer of Cubbon Park was by
Sir Richard Sankey, the then Chief Engineer of Mysore.
A number of neo-classical styled government buildings are situated
inside the park, out of which one is the Vidhana Soudha. The Public
Library, the Government Museum and the High Court are also located
inside the park. The other buildings in the park include the Cheshire
Dyer Memorial Hall, Ottawa Chatter, Children's amusement park, Doll
museum, etc. The Vijayranga Theater complex screens children's films and
stage plays. Cubbon Park also has a toy train, which is very popular
The beauty of the park is such that after visiting it, people have
started calling Bangalore, the 'Garden City' of India. Lying in the
heart of Bangalore, Cubbon Park stands adorned with trees, flowerbeds
and rolling lawns. For those who are looking for some moments of peace
and solitude in Bangalore, Cubbon Park is just the place to be. In the
evening, when fairy fountains are lit, the park attains a magnificence
that is beyond description. Numerous courses are offered at the Cubbon
Park, ranging from pottery to aero-modeling.