One of the most frequented shopping places in Bangalore, Commercial Street is mainly famous for garments, hosiery and textile stores. Other items that can be found here include footwear, jewelry, sports equipments, travel gear, etc.
Mahatma Gandhi Road (M.G. Road)
Mahatma Gandhi Road, also known as the M.G. Road, combines the old age charm of Bangalore with the modern amenities. A multi-purpose shopping area, it provides a wide array of items, ranging from electronic equipments to textiles, books, silk saris, antiques, etc.
Brigade Road is very popular amongst the youth of Bangalore. One can buy anything here, right from garments to electrical equipments, kitchen items, footwear, toys, etc. A must-see shop here is Poom Puhar, the Tamil Nadu handicrafts showroom.
Residency Road is mainly known for steel furniture and handicrafts. Apart from that, there are also a number of government handicrafts emporia here, namely:
- Gangotri, the Uttar Pradesh Government Handicrafts Showroom
- Gurjari, the Gujarat State Handicrafts Emporium
- Mriganayani, the M. P. Government Emporium
- Utkalika, the Orissa Government Handicrafts Emporium
- Arcot Srinivaschari Street (brass, silver and copperware)
- Avenue Road (stationery, stainless steel ware and silver jewelry)
- Chickpet (saris, jewelry, textiles, etc)
- Iyengar Road (wood products, paper and electrical goods)
- Richard Square in Russell Market (cutlery, crockery, etc)